WELCOME TO UNITED WE ROAR!
This LJ community is the grounding force to the future of the website of the same name. What is hoped to be accomplished is a massive website full of information concerning the topics of sexual orientation, gender (and all that encompasses, including transgenderism and gender and the soul), polyamory, activism for the above-named and any other topics that people in our community feel should be included. It will also include what various religions say on such topics and put information out there, that most may never have heard.
This site will hopefully be the culmination of what people out there feel must be talked about in order to gain any sense of acceptance. And this site will also include ways to be active in making such acceptance come about. It is my fond wish that once the site is up and running, it will be a place people will go to learn more about the things they don't understand, a place where those who feel they have no one to turn to can go, and a place where those who feel strongly about DOING SOMETHING can go to find out what they can do to help.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Individuals of every sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexuality, transgender status, age, race, nationality, color, ancestry, religion (or lack thereof), disability, medical condition, and marital status are encouraged to post their thoughts and feelings. Therefore, to promote diversity, currently there are no restrictions on who can post, but if this becomes a problem in the future, it will become a members only posting community.
1. Above all else - BE RESPECTFUL!
- While I understand that not all will agree at all times, it is ESSENTIAL that there be no name-calling, slander, bashing of anyone because of any thing regarding race, sexual orientation, gender identification, or sexual practices. If it happens, the offending post or comment will be deleted, the offending composer of the post will be ejected from the community and it will be reported to Live Journal.
2. Keep community advertisements to a minimum
- Community advertisement will be allowed, so long as it is relevant to this community. For all others, if you must advertise, please do so here: community_promo.
3. Please post relevant topics
- As much as everyone would love to see your entry about how you just got a great new haircut and look "super hot," this is not the place for it. This is a place for you to post your experiences, your thoughts and ideas concerning our community and your research about any topic this site will cover. Coming out stories are especially encouraged, for all people, not just gay and lesbian experiences. Polls that are relevant are allowed.
4. Please use the LJ-Cut feature for long posts.
- If you are unsure as to how to do this, please look at LJ FAQ #75
5. Please DO make friends!
- This is a place where friends and acquaintances should be made! This site is all about connecting to each other as well as learning from one another, and the more friends we make, the more our community is strengthened.
6. Have fun!